Inside Search

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Mental weariness (how I was wrong)

I have often thought that one of my biggest problems is the inability to not think. Essentially this is true and thus I was, for a long time, not able to see the problem clearly.
It is true, that I am unable to avoid thinking at least most of the time, but it is not because I've already spent all my energy. It is because I have spent half of it.

This creates a situation where I feel like doing something, but am unable to do anything that is actually complicated. Basically, I am tired, but not enough to actually force my mind to rest.
Due to this reason, I have needed to practice meditation before most big efforts. Meditation allows me to shut down my thoughts for a while, so I can gather some strength.

The weakness of meditation is that it requires actively perceiving myself, which is not so easy to do all the time. It doesn't specifically take energy, but it does take concentration.

Anyways, I have once again learned something about myself. Maybe it will delay my eventual insanity?

/There is little need for knowledge, but a lot of need for understanding. We already have enough knowledge for most of our needs, but too many have forgot how to understand. Me@Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment