Inside Search

Friday, February 3, 2017

Depressed person watches anime. You won't believe what happens next! /s

First I should mention as clarification my sleeping schedule. It rotates if I let it. Usually the rotation is up to 1 hour per day, so in 24 days I should theoretically do a full circle. In practice that's not how it really works, since at times the rotation stops.
The day before yesterday I woke up at 20. That is, 8 PM. During the night after that I watched the first season of Attack on Titan, which is 25 episodes and all that currently exists, considering that the next season will start airing this year.
The following day I had some things that I needed to do, so I didn't go to sleep the time I normally would have. At 15 (which is 3 PM) I went to sleep and woke up at 23 (11 PM). That night I watched the entire Charlotte. That's 13 episodes.
The length of a standard episode of anime is 20 minutes, considering that I skip the intros most of the time.
So in other words, yesternight I watched 500 minutes of anime, which is a little under 8 hours with no pauses. Today I did the same, but it was 260 minutes, which is 4 hours and 20 minutes.
By this point I feel good.

I've noticed that watching anime is one of the few things that consistently helps against depression. Might not work for others, but it does help me. So it takes around 2 nights of anime to really feel good. I wonder how long the effect will last. It's probably a good idea to take note when the effect wears off. That is, if I don't watch any more the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment